Rupert is the county seat and largest city of Minidoka County, Idaho,. It is part of the Burley Micropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 5,554 at the 2010 census.
Rupert, founded in 1906, sprung up after the announcement of the Minidoka Reclamation Project, which provided irrigation and electricity following the completion of the Minidoka Dam in 1906. After the dam was built, Rupert became one of the first cities in the world to have its streets lit by electricity.